How to make and respond to polite requests
It’s important to be polite when you ask for something.
You can make a request by using:
- can you …?
- could you …?
- will you …?
- would you mind …?
Here are some examples of how to make a request.
Could you possibly
|open the door for me, please?|
|would you mind||opening the door for me ?|
- Can you show me your photo album, please?
- Will you lend me your book, please?
- Could you possibly show me the way to the post office, please?
- Would you help me with this exercise, please?
- Would you mind lending me your pen, please?
Responding to request:
- Sure here you are.
- No, I’m sorry I need it
- I’m afraid I can’t.
Confidence in Business Meetings
Do you get embarrassed when you need to attend a meeting in English? Maybe you feel frustrated when you can't express yourself clearly. Do you want to be invisible in a meeting, hoping that you won't need to answer any questions?
If you would like to learn how to confidently participate in meetings that lead to successful outcomes and more business for you and your company, then I've got the answer.