066 How to make polite requests
How to make and respond to polite requests
It’s important to be polite when you ask for something.
You can make a request by using:
- can you …?
- could you …?
- will you …?
- would you mind …?
Here are some examples of how to make a request.
Could you possibly
|open the door for me, please?|
|would you mind||opening the door for me ?|
- Can you show me your photo album, please?
- Will you lend me your book, please?
- Could you possibly show me the way to the post office, please?
- Would you help me with this exercise, please?
- Would you mind lending me your pen, please?
Responding to request:
- Sure here you are.
- No, I’m sorry I need it
- I’m afraid I can’t.