Course description: Cambridge advanced exams cover writing, reading, grammar, listening and speaking and the online course at The Art of Business English will prepare you for all these different parts of the exam. The course works across the skills base and concentrates on English in use. We look at past papers and work from a number of recommended books. In addition, you will do a lot of work on areas of general English. At the end of the course we want you to pass the exam but also to have learned a lot of English and to have enjoyed your stay.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- understand texts from a wide variety of sources
- talk to people about a wide variety of formal topics
- understand people talking in English on radio or television programmes
- keep up a conversation on a fairly wide range of topics, expressing opinions and presenting
- produce clear, detailed writing, expressing opinions and explaining the advantages and
disadvantages of different points of view via writing essays, reports, articles, reviews, letters and emails.
- Help you get a globally recognised certificate that is valid for life.
- Build confidence in using English in real life situations.
- Homework is an integral part of the course and will allow you to identify, practise and improve in
the areas you need to focus on at home based on your teacher's individualised feedback.
- Practise Cambridge exam questions and receive feedback on your progress.
The course is a 100-hour online course and will include the following:
- Online experienced and qualified teachers
- 30 minute speaking class per week
- 30 minute homework correction & feedback class per week
- Private or group classes upon the student’s request
- Access to The Art of Business English virtual campus