In this impromptu episode Andrew grabs the camera and shares with us some of the questions he has got from his students and listeners. In episode 71 Andrew discusses the formality of emails and how and when to use the Passive Voice in your work emails. If you struggle to hit the right tone and level of formality, then you won’t want to miss this episode.
Formal passive sentence examples
Passive voice email expressions: In the list below, you will learn some passive voice expressions to place in your formal email.
- Please find attached your latest invoice.
- It has been decided…
- The decision was made at last week’s meeting…
- It has been agreed that…
- A problem has been identified with your order.
- After extensive tests a defeat was located in model number XYZ.
- All new clients should be added to our CRM.
- The order should have been received now.
- Jim has been given a new promotion.
- It has been suggested that new employees undertake mandatory on-boarding.
- It is time something be done about this problem.
- Your order has been shipped.
- Jim is out of the office, he is having his haircut.
- This problem was solved last week.
- I’m sorry but that product was sold last week and we are out of stock
Perfect your English in only one hour per week with personalised online live coaching with native and highly qualified professionals.
If you have every felt frustrating speaking English, or worse you worry about feeling embarrassed or looking ridiculous in front of your next customer or colleague, then you know how important it is to feel comfortable and confident when you need to speak English for work or when you're traveling.
Listen & Subscribe For Free
Listen On iTunes!
Listen On Stitcher!
Listen On Spotify!